Here’s a list of what I’m enjoying this month…
- Watching Yankee Doodle Dandy: No one knows why this movie from 1942 was my childhood favorite, but I continue to tear up watching it every Independence Day. There is a rumor I yelled at my mom long after my bedtime while watching the movie from my bedroom doorway through some mirrors when the VCR suddenly stopped recording just prior to the finale. The film tells the story of George M. Cohan and won three Oscars. I’ll warn you this may be a spoiler scene but in case you don’t get around to watching the entire flick at least give the four minute finale a look!
- Reading Wild: This travelogue by Cheryl Strayed tells her adventures hiking the Pacific Crest Trail inexperienced and alone.
- Listening to summer thunderstorms: I LOVE the black and blue sky that sometimes takes on a green hue, which always reminds me of a nasty bruise. Unfortunately, the weather has been delaying my next beach excursion.
- Bird Watching: From my kitchen window birds are now fighting for space at the bird feeder I bought. In hopes that I do not sound like a crazy cat lady, I got this bird feeder to entertain my cat, which of course is also entertaining me.
- Trip Planning (and calling for all suggestions): for San Francisco!
Let me know what you’re enjoying this month, and thanks so much for stopping by!
This week’s challenge is a photo of something a little extra.